Using polkit in a flatpak project

Guy Streeter guy.streeter at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 22:45:56 UTC 2018

I have written a GTK-based GUI application for which I would like to create
a flatpak package. My application includes a privileged back-end service
which is started by dbus and authenticated using PolicyKit. It is written
in Python using Gobject introspection.

I have not found a runtime containing the polkit libraries and executables,
nor the gi.repository Polkit namespace. Before I go any further along this
path: Is there a reason why polkit is missing?

Is using polkit in a flatpak application something I should expect to work?
If so, how should I proceed?

thanks,
--Guy