Flatpak for WSL (Windows 10)?

SÅ‚awomir Lach slawek at lach.art.pl
Mon Jul 2 11:46:03 UTC 2018

I think it would be nice to create GNU/Linux distribution for WSL (Windows
Subsystem for Linux) in Windows 10. Windows Subsystem for Linux is Windows
subsystem developed by Canonical and Microsoft. It allows to run Linux
programs.

I wonder there's possibility to make Flatpak works inside Windows 10 using
WSL. Windows Shop now ships many GNU/Linux distributions, such like OpenSuSE,
Fedora, etc. What about creating yet one? It would be minimal distribution
prepared to only run Flatpak and some software center integrated with Flatpak
(Gnome-software or plasma-discover?).

Why this? To promote Open Source and GNU/Linux of course. If we allow fast and
simple way to install GNU/Linux programs on Windows,  there maybe need to port
GNU/Linux into Windows would dissapear.

What do you think?
--

Pozdrawiam,