Gimp scripts as extension

Tobias Jakobs tobias.jakobs at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 14:36:58 UTC 2018

Hello,

I tried to modify the GIMP manifest, to be able to make scripts as
separate extensions. I chooses  scripts over plugins, because gimp
scripts don't need to be compiled and only needs to be placed into
/app/share/gimp/2.0/scripts.

Here is how I changed the "org.gimp.GIMP.json" from
https://github.com/flathub/org.gimp.GIMP

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3XOif5x6V0ORnlyNXh5cFlralBOZlhsX0dHQ1hCVGdoaGVn

I've added this section:
    "add-extensions": {
        "org.gimp.GIMP.Script": {
        "version": "2",
        "directory": "share/gimp/2.0/scripts",
        "add-ld-path": "lib",
        "merge-dirs": "",
        "subdirectories": false,
        "no-autodownload": true,
        "autodelete": true
        }

I was able to build gimp with this changes. My first question is, is
the command that list the entry points of a package?

Then I tried to package a simple script:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3XOif5x6V0Odm1fckUzN2lpeDdINURkbnpIcDVyazgtSHQw

Every thing worked fine, but the installation failed, because flatpak
was not able to find the entry point.

Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Regards,
Tobias