How to launch automatically a daemon in a separate flatpak?

Goffi goffi at goffi.org
Sat Jul 14 14:48:29 UTC 2018

Le vendredi 13 juillet 2018, 15:05:09 CEST Ryan Gonzalez a écrit :
> I *think* you could just edit the .service file to run your flatpaked
> daemon?

Hi, thanks for your answer, but I'm not sure to understand: where should I
put this file (your are talking about the D-Bus .service I've linked I
suppose)? It will be inside the flatpak container, so it will not work to
launch the service on the host when a user launch a frontend (or is there
any mechanism to handle it when it's inside a container? Where should I put
the file then ?).

Of course I can put a D-Bus or SystemD service on my host machine, but what
I want is to set something in my manifest so Flatpak will launch the
service (which is an other flatpak to launch) automatically when I start
any frontend, and launch it only once (i.e. don't launch it again if it is
already started), without need for end user to write any .service file.

Thanks
Goffi