Can't Click Links from Evolution

Simon McVittie smcv at collabora.com
Thu Jun 21 12:04:52 UTC 2018

On Wed, 20 Jun 2018 at 15:43:31 -0700, Douglas Summers wrote:
> I did find references to both of the packages you mentioned below here -
> https://github.com/flatpak/xdg-desktop-portal. Are these the packages
> you were referring to? If so, how do I install/build these into the
> Flatpak system?

You need to install xdg-desktop-portal and xdg-desktop-portal-gtk into
the *host OS* using apt/dpkg or whatever other host-specific mechanism
is appropriate, not as Flatpak apps, the same as you would have had to
do for Flatpak itself. They are the bridge between the host OS and the
Flatpak app.

If Linux Mint is a Debian or Ubuntu derivative, it might already have
those packages available, or you might be able to get them from Debian or
Ubuntu. <https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/xdg-desktop-portal> and
<https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/xdg-desktop-portal-gtk> have some
developer information on the current state of those packages.

(You can replace xdg-desktop-portal-gtk with xdg-desktop-portal-kde or
some other implementation if you want, but the -gtk version will fit
best into a GNOME-derived desktop environment like Cinnamon, unless the
Cinnamon developers have forked it or written their own. -gtk and -kde
are currently the only backend implementations I know about.)

    smcv