Cross-compiling a flatpak

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Thu Mar 22 16:43:41 UTC 2018

On Thu, 2018-03-22 at 16:17 +0000, Corentin Noël wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm playing a little bit with flatpak and wanted to experiment cross-
> compilation with it.
> I haven't seen anything regarding cross-compilation right now, but
> I'm
> wanting to further investigate this issue.

You can already cross-compile Flatpaks. As long as your qemu-static is
correctly setup, it should be indistinguishable from a real machine.
http://www.hadess.net/2016/10/flatpak-cross-compilation-support.html

This is already used in Builder to cross-compile.

If the goal is to cross-compile using an ARM toolchain running natively
on x86_64, I think that might be out of scope, but I'll let somebody
else make the call on that.

Cheers