Debug assert in Qt in Qt/KDE runtime

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Wed Nov 28 09:47:07 UTC 2018

27.11.18 16:50, Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 5:24 PM Michael Thayer
> <michael.thayer at oracle.com <mailto:michael.thayer at oracle.com>> wrote:
>
>     26.11.18 16:39, Aleix Pol wrote:
>     > On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 11:49 AM Michael Thayer
>     > <michael.thayer at oracle.com <mailto:michael.thayer at oracle.com>> wrote:
>     >> 16.11.18 15:43, Aleix Pol wrote:
>     >>> On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 9:55 AM Michael Thayer
>     >>> <michael.thayer at oracle.com <mailto:michael.thayer at oracle.com>>
>     wrote:
>     >>>> Hoping that someone involved with the Qt/KDE runtime follows
>     this list.
>     >>>>  I hit the following debug assertion with VirtualBox and the Qt
>     5.11 in
>     >>>> the runtime:
>     >>>>
>     >>>> Qt FATAL: ASSERT failure in QCoreApplication::sendEvent:
>     "Cannot send
>     >>>> events to objects owned by a different thread..."
>     >>>>
>     >>>> Good to know of course, and we should fix it, but should Qt be
>     build
>     >>>> with debug assertions enabled?
[...]
> I've been looking deeper into it and we are already building without
> asserts (i.e. with DQT_NO_DEBUG).
> https://flathub.org/builds/#/builders/38/builds/548/steps/5/logs/stdio
>
> Can you make sure that so is your virtualbox build?
> Do you have the recipes available?

Is that something you might have changed recently?  I will have a go at
rebuilding VirtualBox to see if it still happens, and if so can provide
the recipe.  But it did look like the assertion was in Qt (I see it in
the Qt source and not in our source!)  By the way, the link you provided
above was not very clear to me, how can I see from it how you have build
Qt?  I might be able to save everyone some time if I can take a look
into things myself.  And I don't suppose you might be defining
QT_FORCE_ASSERTS?  Or is there somewhere where QT_NO_DEBUG might be
getting disabled again?  (I will have a quick look in the sources too.)

Regards
Michael
--
Michael Thayer | VirtualBox engineer
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | D-71384 Weinstadt

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München

Handelsregister der Handelskammer Midden-Nederland, Nr. 30143697