Path issue

Daniel Kasak d.j.kasak.dk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 01:35:25 UTC 2018

Hi all. I'm using Net::OpenSSH, which shells out to ssh ( yeah I know, not
ideal ). Anyway, if I launch my app 'normally' ( flatpak run <app_name> ),
when I try to open an ssh connection, I get:

Can't exec "ssh": No such file or directory at
/app/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.24.1/Net/OpenSSH.pm line 978.

But when I run it from a debugging session:

flatpak run -d --command=bash <app_name>

 ... it works fine. ssh is installed to /usr/bin/ssh in the container ( and
I didn't build it ... maybe it's part of the runtime ), and I guess that's
*not* in my path 'normally', but it *is* in my path in a debug session. Why
is that?

Dan