FreeCAD flatpak

Michael Hill mdhillca at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 17:06:32 UTC 2018

On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 11:01 AM Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 2018-10-02 at 10:59 -0400, Michael Hill wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 6:21 AM Michael Hill <mdhillca at gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> > > It appears to be buildable on Debian:
> > >

> https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=30382&hilit=shiboken+qt5#p251028
> >
> > FreeCAD builds and runs for me with Qt 5 on Rawhide, outside the
> > flatpak, after Pyside2 builds.
> >
> > grep shows all of the function definitions Pyside2 seemingly can't
> > find, under /usr/include
> > (/var/lib/flatpak/runtime/org.kde.Sdk/x86_64/5.11/87f31...ada576d/fil
> > es/include
> > here).
> >
> > CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH defaults to /app/include, and when I add or change
> > it to /usr/include I get "'stdlib.h' file not found."
> >
> > I tried adding "Qt5Core_INCLUDE_DIRS:
> > /usr/include/qt5/:/usr/include/qt5/QtCoreQt5Core_INCLUDE_DIRS:
> > /usr/include/qt5/:/usr/include/qt5/QtCore" adapted from the
> > successful
> > Rawhide build, with no improvement.
> >
> > This looks a lot like the problem Dave had initially with FreeCAD,
> > but
> > I have no idea where to try to patch it.
>
> Aren't those the same problems I attempted to fix in the PR, or is it
> something else?

Yes, problems are fixed for FreeCAD, and the flatpak builds with Qt 4.

For Qt 5, Pyside2 (the last step before FreeCAD in the manifest) fails
with a similar error (bug PYSIDE-787, top of the thread), but only
inside flatpak-builder. There don't seem to be too many people
building Pyside2 for a flatpak.

Mike