Configuring Builder for a flatpak

Michael Hill mdhillca at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 14:24:54 UTC 2018

I have a flatpak that builds successfully using flatpak-builder on the
command line, and I wanted to make a GNOME Builder project out of it.
Is there a page or blog post that outlines what needs to be done?

Using mclasen's Recipes recipe from early in the year, I dropped the
manifest and ancillary files into a new project. Builder was waiting
for me to tell it something, but I couldn't tell what: pressing the
"Trigger a build" button just got me the message "Ready." This was
after I copied the Build Preferences from my first attempt, where...

I pointed Builder at the pre-existing flatpak build folder and ran it
as a Directory project. I filled in a couple of details in Build
Preferences and it happily built most of the submodules until it
needed a patch from the patches subfolder that seems to be expected
several levels below the level of the manifest, where it is now.

What's the best way forward?

Thanks,

Mike