IMPORTANT: openssl ABI break in freedesktop-sdk-18.08.10

Javier Jardón jjardon at gnome.org
Tue Sep 18 22:30:12 UTC 2018

Hi,

While we were importing [1] the latest release of freedesktop-sdk to flathub, we
realized that we have inadvertently removed openssl-1.0 from the Platform.

This will unfortunately break any app which:

    1. uses openssl
    2. has been built against freedesktop-sdk-18.08-9 or older

We already have a fix [2] and a new version of the freedesktop-sdk
will be released as soon as the CI finishes its job.
We have also opened an issue [3] to improve our ABI checks to prevent
this kind of thing happening in future.

Apps which build against freedesktop-sdk-18.08.10 will not be
affected, so that's a quick fix if you can't wait for the import of a
fixed sdk.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
freedesktop-sdk team