Adding simple permissions

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Mon Aug 26 07:24:01 UTC 2019

On Sun, 2019-08-25 at 14:13 -0700, Douglas Summers wrote:
> As much as I like Flatpak, the ability to make simple changes to the
> programs's permissions is severely lacking. I've already had issues
> with Okular (refuses to see my printer) and LibreOffice (can't send a
> file via email). Now I've tried RhythmBox, which refuses to see any
> audio CDs (using a Blu-ray player). While I'm perfectly fine with
> Flatpak's sandboxing features (one of the reasons I really like its
> concept), I just don't understand why these keep cropping up.

Those are usually bugs in the applications, or a lack of portals
support. I'm pretty sure I tested Audio CDs in Rhythmbox, but I might
have got it wrong, so a bug against the Flatpak, in Flathub, would be
appreciated.

Sandboxing existing applications is super hard, and your best bet if
you run into major problems would be to use non-sandboxed versions and
file bugs for the Flatpak versions at the same time.

Cheers