Help building Flatpaks in an unpriviliged Docker container

Nimrod Adar nimrod at endlessm.com
Mon Dec 2 13:47:08 UTC 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to build the Endless SDK inside an unprivileged Docker
container, but unsuccessfully. The failure is running Bubblewrap inside
the container (bwrap: capset failed: Operation not permitted). All of
the files (Dockerfile, manifest, etc.) and the steps I ran to build the
container image and the SDK are in
<https://github.com/adarnimrod/flatpak-docker-example>. I tried running
with the seccomp policy from
<https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak-docker-images/blob/master/flatpak-seccomp.json>,
with seccomp and apparmor disabled, with user namespace enabled, using
both root and a regular user inside the container. The only way I could
successfully build the SDK inside a Docker container was using a
privileged container. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Nimrod Adar
Infrastructure team
Endless mobile