Can't send email attachments w/LibreOffice

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Mon Jul 29 00:38:05 UTC 2019

On Sun, 2019-07-28 at 12:45 -0700, Douglas Summers wrote:
> (Flatpak v1.42, Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon, Evolution 3.28)
>
> When I try to send an LO document via email, nothing happens - no new
> dialog box, no error message. I've verified that Evolution has been
> selected as the email program to use (/usr/bin/evolution).
>
> I'm fairly sure this is a permissions issue, but I can't figure out
> how
> to add permissions for an app. The current permissions for LO are:
>
> Table             Object                 Permissions             Data
> desktop-used-apps x-scheme-handler/https exo-web-browser,2,      0x00
> desktop-used-apps text/html              calibre-ebook-viewer,0, 0x00

Did you file a bug with LibreOffice's Flatpak?

It's very likely that the code there expects to be able to see
applications which can send emails, which it obviously won't. If that's
not the case, a link to what LibreOffice actually does would be useful
to help reproduce and debug the problem.

Cheers