Starting in the background using Portals

David Strauss david at davidstrauss.net
Tue Jun 18 20:59:38 UTC 2019

Thank you for all of the feedback! I look forward to sharing my Python
integrations with these features in case others will benefit.

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 12:43 AM Alexander Larsson <alexl at redhat.com> wrote:

> "org.freedesktop.impl.portal.Background" is actually the backend (thus the
> ".impl"), so what you want to use is org.freedesktop.portal.Background.
>
> The docs for that are here:
>
> https://github.com/flatpak/xdg-desktop-portal/blob/master/data/org.freedesktop.portal.Background.xml

I did think the "impl" version was odd as a documentation link. I pulled it
from a comment on GitHub [1]. I've CCed the author (Matthias Clasen), in
case the comment might change to avoid others making the same mistake.

[1] https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak/issues/118#issuecomment-493418316