Failed to download sources, not a gitlink tree

Chris Hessing chris at open1x.org
Tue Mar 26 15:03:53 UTC 2019

Hello all,

I'm attempting to create my first flatpak file, and have run headlong in
to an error that searching the net hasn't turned up an answer for.
Specifically, when I attempt to run flatpak-builder with the following
command line :

flatpak-builder --ccache --repo=repo --subject="Test Build `date`" app
org.open1x.Rollin.json

It indicates that it is fetching the git repo, then errors out with the
following error message :

Failed to download sources: module Rollin: Not a gitlink tree: QtTestRunner

QtTestRunner is another git repo that I created to store some extra code
used to run unit tests on part of the app. Originally, it was included
in the repo as a submodule.   When I got this error, I originally
thought it was because that repo needed to be linked as a sublink.   So,
I attempted to remove the submodule, and convert it to a sublink.   That
didn't resolve the issue, so I finally tried to purge the sublink, and
just put the code directly in my repo to try to get things working.
Unfortunately, it seems that I was unsuccessful in removing the
submodule or sublink, because I continue to get this error. (Either
that, or this error is referring to something else that I don't quite
understand, yet.)

Is there someplace that someone can suggest that I can read up on what
this error means, and how to fix it?   (Or, if it is easier, give me the
solution to the problem, and I can study from there.)

Ideally, I'd like to be able to link to the other git tree for the
QtTestRunner component, but at this point I am open to just keeping the
source for that in-tree if that is easier.

FWIW - flatpak-builder --version returns :

flatpak-builder 1.0.1

And, my .json file looks like this :

{
     "id": "org.open1x.Rollin",
     "branch": "master",
     "runtime": "org.kde.Platform",
     "runtime-version": "5.9",
     "sdk": "org.kde.Sdk",
     "command": "Rollin",
     "finish-args": ["--socket=x11", "--socket=wayland",
"--filesystem=host" ],
     "modules": [
         {
             "name": "Rollin",
             "buildsystem": "simple",
             "build-commands": [
                 "qmake",
         "make -j2"
             ],
             "sources": [
                 {
                     "type": "git",
                     "url": "https://github.com/fbatogo/Rollin.git"
                 }
             ]
         }
     ]
}

My goal with that JSON file is to get something very basic working, and
then start to expand on it with everything else that I want to add.
So, I am also open to any critique about the JSON file as well.

Thanks!