Creating separate debug package

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 19:19:14 UTC 2019

On 25/09/2019 07:39, Alec Leamas wrote:
> Hi Ryan,

>> On Tue, Sep 24, 2019, 3:36 PM Alec Leamas <leamas.alec at gmail.com
>> <mailto:leamas.alec at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Dear list,
>>
>>     So, I have a package which is just too big, and the reason is basically
>>     the contents of /app/lib/debug. I suppose the problem to split my
>>     package into a base package + a debug (extension?) is solved since long,
>>     but I'm too dumb to find the solution.
>>
>>     Any wisdom in this list?
>
>>  On 25/09/2019 05:52, Ryan Gonzalez wrote:
>>> This should happen automatically unless no-debuginfo is in your
>>> manifest. I think the debug info is installed by default when you
>>> install via flatpak-builder, which could be why you're seeing the large
>>> app size.

No more list wisdom... perhaps if I add some details?

I think my problem might be related to the discussion in
https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak/issues/824. Might be, that is. TBH I
don't really understand the details here.

My Makefile which runs the flatpak commands is at
https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/vlRMfeCGgInS3WKda28D5w

If anyone has a clue...

Cheers!
--alec