Q: Setting application version

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 20:43:22 UTC 2020

Dear list,

I didn't know how to define the version in a flatpak build. I got a
reply (thanks!):

> On 22/04/2020 17:45, Matthew Leeds wrote:
>
>> The version is defined in the appstream data:
>> https://github.com/flathub/org.vim.Vim/blob/master/org.vim.Vim.appdata.xml#L27

However, I get stuck again. By adding a release to the appstream data I
can build and install into a repo (which unfortunately lives in repo/repo)

Now, if I install directly from this repo:

  $ flatpak install --user repo/repo org.opencpn.OpenCPN

all is fine, my program has version when listed. However, as soon as I
access it as a remote:

  $ flatpak remote-add --user $PWD/repo/repo local
  $ flatpak install --user local org.opencpn.OpenCPN

there is no version when I do flatpak-list. So, I'm missing something more.

Any ideas out there?

Cheers!
--alec