Help needed finding Boost build

Ondřej Míchal harrymichal at seznam.cz
Thu Apr 16 09:26:21 UTC 2020

Hi Pander,

a colleague (Felipe Borges) of mine pointed me to this thread. I'm
working on a flatpak for RStudio[0] that relies on boost, so you can
take a look at that.

Here are some notes for you:
  - you shouldn't need to initialize submodules of the git repo.
flatpak-builder does so by default since v1.0.9[1] (the docs are stuck
at v1.0.7)
  - check the build directory, where you build the flatpak and check if
the boost files are really in there (if you build in 'build' then
flatpak's '/app' is in 'build/files'; boost should be in
'build/files/include' and in 'build/files/lib').
  - in my manifest I add '--prefix=/app' to 'b2' and not to the
'bootstrap,sh' script; try that (but I guess that shouldn't change
anything)
  - if boost is installed properly then you I guess setting an env var
or some build option will   be the way for now; here's a link to
RStudio's CMakeList.txt where they try to find boost[2]

If you have any other questions, please ask.

Ondřej

[0]
https://github.com/HarryMichal/rstudio-flatpak/blob/release/com.rstudio.RStudio.json
[1] https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak-builder/blob/master/NEWS