flatpapk without systemd

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Mon Jul 20 09:06:29 UTC 2020

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 11:01 AM venom0099 <venom0099 at protonmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to know how much flatpak depends on systemd. Is it entirely possible to use and configure flatpapk without systemd as strict dependency? where do i find documentation for systems with other init system?

There are no real hard dependencies. We ship some system units that
makes it easier to integrate flatpak, and if a systemd user instance
is running we use dbus calls to make flatpak apps appear as units in
it while running.

The one code dependency we have is to use the journal to log
updates/installs, etc. But that is possible to disable at buildtime.

--
 Alexander Larsson                                Red Hat, Inc
       alexl at redhat.com         alexander.larsson at gmail.com