Struggling adding a dependency

biggaz biggaz at runbox.com
Sat May 16 07:53:49 UTC 2020

Hi list,

I'm using Gnome Builder, which uses Flatpak underneath to to manage the
prject.

I'm wanting to add this project as a dependency -
https://github.com/jgaa/restc-cpp/wiki/Building-under-Linux

So I added this to the App.json ...

        {
            "name": "restc-cpp",
            "buildsystem": "cmake",
            "sources": [
                {
                    "type": "git",
                    "url": "https://github.com/jgaa/restc-cpp.git"
                }
            ]
        },

That appears to work, but it needs C++ Boost. This comes out ...

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they
are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the
CMake files:
/run/build/restc-cpp/Boost_INCLUDE_DIR
   used as include directory in directory /run/build/restc-cpp

I can guess that I need to either use "config-opts" or "build-options"
to pass this, and that there's probably be a similar linker issue?

I can't work out how to add Boost, I'm guessing it's a big complicated
project, and I'm hoping somebody else has done it so I can copy. I
would then just need to point this project at wherever Flatpak installs
the files to?

Cheers for any help!