Announce: Flatpak 1.10.0
alexl at redhat.com
Fri Jan 15 07:46:57 UTC 2021
This is the first stable release after the 1.9.x unstable series.
The major new feature in this series compared to 1.8 is the support
for the new repo format which should make updates faster and download
This release also contains the security fixes from 1.8.5
(CVE-2021-21261), so everyone on the 1.9.x series should update
Other changes since 1.9.3:
* The systemd generator snippets now call flatpak --print-updated-env
in place of a bunch of shell for better login performance.
* The .profile snippets now disable GVfs when calling flatpak to
avoid spawning a gvfs daemon when logging in via ssh.
* Build fixes for GCC 11.
* Flatpak now finds the pulseaudio sockets better in uncommon
* Sandboxes with network access it now also has access to the
systemd-resolved socket to do dns lookups.
* Flatpak supports unsetting env vars in the sandbox using --unset-env,
and `--env=FOO=` now sets FOO to the empty string instead of
* Similarly the spawn portal has an option to unset an env var.
* The spawn portal now has an option to share the pid namespace
with the sub-sandbox.
$ sha256sum flatpak-1.10.0.tar.xz
Alexander Larsson Red Hat, Inc
alexl at redhat.com alexander.larsson at gmail.com
More information about the Flatpak