flatpak behind a proxy

Enrico Tagliavini enrico.tagliavini at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 10:57:18 UTC 2021

Hi,

flatpak supports the standard environment variables for the proxy. For me
it worked by simply defining and exporting the appropriate *_proxy
variables in /etc/profile.d/proxy.sh so that sessions have the proxy set by
default. I didn't use puppet, I used Ansible, which uses SSH and so I get
the profile setup with the proxy env variables as usual, maybe puppet will
not initialize a full shell when ssh-ing and might skip this step and
that's where you have the issue. It was also not Fedora but CentOS 8
Stream, but close enough.

As long as you have a way of defining environment variables in puppet you
should be good to go.

Kind regards.

Enrico Tagliavini