Can apps start dbus activated apps inside the same flatpak container?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Oct 19 21:20:09 UTC 2021

When finding a "unsafe SSL certificate" applications using the KDE Frameworks libraries ask the org.kde.kssld5 dbus service what to do with it since the user may have encountered that certificate first and already said "yes i don't care" or "take me away from here fast".

Now the problem we have in flatpak is that we can't assume that "outside" system will know about org.kde.kssld5 because the user may be running a system that knows nothing about it.

We actually do package the binary and dbus autostart files in the KDE flatpak runtime so if the runtime could start that service, it would all work out.

But we have no idea if flatpak can be configured to do that.

Is there any way to say "sure autostart this dbus service inside the container, it's fine" in the flatpak world?

Best Regards,
  Albert