Hide 'detached HEAD' state log messages during build

Olof Nord olof.nord at tutanota.com
Sun Aug 28 15:26:51 UTC 2022

Dear list,

During a verbose flatpak build, I would like to turn off the 'detached HEAD' state log message shown for git sources. (the message starts with "You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make experimental changes" etc, I think you know which one I mean).

As part of the log message, the text "Turn off this advice by setting config variable advice.detachedHead to false" is shown, which sounds like a reasonably easy task one might think.
I have tried to specify the following globally (in the top section, near app-id) in the manifest, but it does not seem to have any effect.

```yaml
build-options:
  env:
    GIT_CONFIG_COUNT: 1
    GIT_CONFIG_KEY_0: advice.detachedHead
    GIT_CONFIG_VALUE_0: false
```

To clarify, I do like the verbose output shown when providing the --verbose flag: just not the specific verbose git message regarding the detached state.

What, if anything, can I do to configure advice.detachedHead or by other means hide the  'detached HEAD' state git log messages?

Many thanks in advance.
Best regards,Olof Nord