[Fontconfig] please help, i'm sorry to bother

Neil parkflys at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 8 02:59:07 EST 2003

hi, I just did a fresh slackware 9.0 install, but it
didnt have fontconfig, so I followed instructions on
fontconfig.org on compiling/installing.  Everything
installed fine, but I cant start applications.  Here's
all it says, I've edited the fonts.conf file and added
in the font dirs. from XF86Config

No fonts found; this probably means that the
fontconfig
library is not correctly configured. You may need to
edit the fonts.conf configuration file. More
information
about fontconfig can be found in the fontconfig(3)
manual
page and on http://fontconfig.org

Please help, again, sorry for bothering.

Neil