[Fontconfig] Trying to install fontconfig 2.2.0

Paul Kramer Paul.Kramer at nsc.com
Wed Aug 6 06:42:28 EST 2003

I'm trying to compile install fontconfig 2.2.0.

After realizing that the compile requires 'lynx' I installed lynx 2.8.4

I ran the fontconfig compile again and got the following error:

Looking up www.fontconfig-user.html.net
Making HTTP connection to www.fontconfig-user.html.net
Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host.

lynx: Can't access startfile http://www.fontconfig-user.html.net/
rm: cannot remove `fontconfig-user.html': No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [fontconfig-user.txt] Error 9
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/tools/archives/extraction_area/fontconfig-2.2.0/doc'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/tools/archives/extraction_area/fontconfig-2.2.0'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

Please tell me you aren't trying to connect to a web server during the
compile process.
I'm guessing you are trying to use lynx to translate a file called
fontconfig-user.html?

Any ideas on what is wrong?

--
Paul Kramer