[Fontconfig] Re: [Cairo] Text API proposal

Ambrose Li a.c.li at ieee.org
Tue Aug 12 10:33:07 EST 2003

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 01:13:25AM +0200, Hans Breuer wrote:

> >      - embed glyphs in a postscript file
>
> The funtion to use is GetFontData, but I'm not sure if this
> (producing PS files) is really that useful on win32. Remember
> there is already an almost working Device Context abstraction
> in the platform for a long time.

FWIW, having the option to produce PS files from a standard
(i.e., "open source") driver is always nice. I find Windows
printer drivers often buggy in subtle ways, and sometimes the
only way to get around such problems is to produce a PS file
and run it through Ghostscript. So the option for the user to
bypass GDI printing actually looks useful to me.

--
Ambrose LI Cheuk-Wing  <a.c.li at ieee.org>

http://ada.dhs.org/~acli/