[Fontconfig] fontconfig-2.2.1 won't make install (segmentation error with fc-cache)

Kristof vansant de_lupus at pandora.be
Sun Dec 14 00:27:34 EST 2003

when doing make install (make alone doesn't give errors)
I get this error

> fontconfig-2.2.1/fc-cache/.libs/lt-fc-cache:
"/usr/share/fonts/default/
> ghostscript": make[8]: *** [install-data-local] Error 139

in Makefile fc-cache -v -f   is executed this gives a segmentation error in the map
/usr/share/fonts/default/ghostscript

solution:
when changing fc-cache -v -f to fc-cache -v    fontconfig installs with no errors

What can be the cause of this?

If you need some info about some files or so let me know.

Kristof Vansant