[Fontconfig] fontconfig, gnome, expat, libxml2

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Feb 3 17:16:00 EST 2003

Around 15 o'clock on Jan 31, Stefan Kost wrote:

> I don't know how much work it would be using libxml2 instead of expat.

Daniel said it would be easy, but I tried for a couple of hours and
finally gave up.  Patches that permitted fontconfig to build against
either XML library would be most welcome.  One hard thing is to make sure
the overall parsing code wasn't duplicated so that future changes in the
config file semantics or syntax wouldn't have to be replicated in two
copies of the code.

Keith Packard        Cambridge Research Lab	Hewlett Packard