[Fontconfig] [Xft] text width of monospaced fonts

Matthias Neubauer neubauer at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Jul 28 04:34:37 EST 2003

Hi,

let's say I have a XftFont object and I'd like to calculate the text
width of a certain string of this font.

Is there any way to find out whether the font is monospaced to be able
to calculate the text width manually instead of calling
XftTextExtents8 all the time?

Cheers,

Matthias

--
Matthias Neubauer                                       |
Universität Freiburg, Institut für Informatik           | tel +49 761 203 8060