[Fontconfig] compiling on Solaris

Brent Bice bbice at persistence.com
Wed Mar 5 09:51:42 EST 2003

   I'm havin' trouble getting fontconfig to compile on solaris.  I've
compiled expat (I *think* it's ok - ar -t shows all the .o files) but when
I try to compile fontconfig, I get:

Text relocation remains                         referenced
    against symbol                  offset      in file
<unknown>                           0x19dc      /usr/local/lib/libexpat.a(xmlparse.o)
(and a jillion or so other <unknown>'s.  - grin)

   I assume that this means something is wrong with my expat lib?  There
was no install for it, but it compiled with no errors.  And I just copied
the resulting .a file to /usr/local/lib and a handful of the .h files to
/usr/local include.  That oughta be ok, right?

   Thanks in advance for any tips you can offer......

Brent