[Fontconfig] Re: Bitmap fonts

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk qrczak at knm.org.pl
Sun Mar 23 18:15:35 EST 2003

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 14:35:00 +0000, Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk wrote:

> Hello. I would like to know how fontconfig decides which bitmap fonts to
> exclude, and how to let it provide some fonts which are unavailable.
>
> For example there is unifont.pcf.gz available via fontserver and present
> in fontconfig's <dir> and it doesn't appear on font lists of
> applications using fontconfig. But some other bitmap fonts do appear,
> e.g. Times and Fixed.

Update: I put <http://qrnik.knm.org.pl/~qrczak/tmp/fonts.dir>
(with 690 entries) and the corresponding
<http://qrnik.knm.org.pl/~qrczak/tmp/fonts.cache-1> (with 50 entries).

It only picked up 10646-1 and ISO-8859-1 encodings. Fine that it skipped
other 8bit encodings as 10646-1 covers them, but why not ISO-8859-1 too then?
And it skipped some fonts completely (some Asian fonts and ISO-10646-1-only
unifont).

--
   __("<         Marcin Kowalczyk
   \__/       qrczak at knm.org.pl