[Fontconfig] It misses some characters from some fonts

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk qrczak at knm.org.pl
Tue Mar 25 09:29:48 EST 2003

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 12:30:43 -0800, Keith Packard wrote:

> There was a serious bug in the font sorting code that would drop many
> fonts from the list in some cases.  Could this be what you're seeing?

Missing fonts is another thing I told a few days ago, subject: Bitmap fonts
(with no helpful reply). But this time parts of a font are missing. It's
hard to tell which exactly - basic characters like ISO-8859-1 range and
basic cyrillic are present, but more exotic characters like Asian cyrillic,
Vietnamese, ancient Greek or IPA are missing.

It's possible that it doesn't ignore these characters in this font but for
some reason prefers to take them from other fonts, despite the font name
given by the application.

> (and, the obvious question is what version of fontconfig you're running).

2.1.

--
   __("<         Marcin Kowalczyk
   \__/       qrczak at knm.org.pl