[Fontconfig] fontconfig and xfonts?

zonk at ultraworld.xs4all.nl zonk at ultraworld.xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 11 22:02:13 EST 2003

On Nov 11 at 09:06, Vaidotas Zemlys wrote:

> I had this problem for a long time. Then one day I got really upset and
> figured out which font fontconfig chooses instead of my beloved fixed font.
> As  it turns out it was 12x13ja.pcf. (The ugly font in the bottom) So I
> manually  removed it from my system. Here how it goes:

In my situation it seems to be a different font that causes the ugly display
as seen in my screenshot. At least deleting 12x13ja.pcf.gz didn't solve it
(yes, i updated fonts.dir and fc-cache :)

Which brings me to another question, how do i see which font files are
chosen by fontconfig after the matching has taken place?

I would like to see if i can tweak fonts.local to actually get fontconfig to
serve the correct fixed font without deleting font files, but that's a bit
complicated without a way to find out which files are chosen based on the
matching system..

T.