[Fontconfig] Problems when displaying text vertically.

姚延栋 yydzero at sina.com.cn
Tue Nov 25 23:30:05 EST 2003

Hi:
   I want to display text vertically, so I write a piece of code:
   pattern = XftPatternBuild(0,
		XFT_FAMILY, XftTypeString, "mono",
		XFT_VERTICAL_LAYOUT, XftTypeBool, FcTrue,
		0);
   and then match and open font,
   and
   XftDrawStringUtf8(draw, color, font, 100, 100, "china", strlen("china"));

   when I run the program, it display "china" vertically, but
   it is display "china" from bottom to top, that's to
   say the "c" displays under the "h" and the "h" under the "i".

   why ? How can I display text vertically and from Top to Bottom?
   Thank you very much