[Fontconfig] How to get rid of bitmapped fonts?

Ing. Jozef Sakalos jsakalos at ba.success.sk
Mon Sep 1 05:20:27 EST 2003

Hi there,

I use KDE 3.1.3, fontconfig 2.1.2, qt 3.2.1 and my problem is that
when there is a reference to helvetica on a web page konqueror
displays bitmapped font.

The only way how to get rid of them is to remove them from /etc/X11/
XF86Config but this is not what I want as legacy applications the
don't have them.

I've read fontconfig FAQ where is a solution for this but it
doesn't work for me.

I attach fonts.conf and local.conf files. Would you please look in
them and let me know what's wrong?

fonts.conf is as generated by KDE Font Installer.

Thanks,
Ing. Jozef Sakalos
jsakalos at ba.success.sk