[Fontconfig] How to finalize the library?

Kenichi Handa handa at m17n.org
Thu Apr 22 22:00:53 EST 2004

Hi, my name is Kenichi Handa, I've just joined this list.

At first, I appreciate your work on the very convenient
libraries Fontconfig and Xft.

I'm now working on the m17n library
<http://www.m17n.org/m17n-lib> to use Fontconfig and Xft in
it.

I have many questions, but, at first, I'd like to ask these
questions which are the most important for me.

(1) Are there any way to finalize the library, i.e. to free
all momery allocated by the library?

(2) Functions of Fontconfig return various types of objects
(e.g. FcPattern, FcFontSet), but the reference manual (I'm
now reading that of version 2.2.2) isn't clear about when to
free/destory those objects.

For instance, FcFontList returns FcFontSet.  Should I call
FcFontSetDestroy after I finish working on it?  FcFontMatch
returns FcPattern.  Should I call FcPatternDestroy on it?

Regards,

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
handa at m17n.org