[Fontconfig] Disabling font X for language Y

Peter Linnell scribusdocs at atlantictechsolutions.com
Fri Apr 23 12:14:12 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 21:41, Stefan Baums wrote:
> > Next question: Which version of Qt ?
>
> In my original post, I give version numbers for some of the
> relevant software I have installed.  QT is 3.2.3, which is the
> most recent version available from Debian.  Not even the unstable
> or experimental distributions seem to have 3.3.2 yet.  Compiling
> QT 3.3.2 from source sounds daunting, and I'm not sure whether
> Debian's KDE will work with it, but I can try.

It is a bit daunting and long. It should be backward compatible though.

> > IIRC 3.3.1 has fixes for fontconfig. See doc.trolltech.com for
> > detailed changes.
>
> I couldn't find the relevant information at that address.  The
> only changelog I found anywhere was at
>
>    http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/whatsnew.html
>
> and that does not mention fontconfig.
>
> Stefan

Related:

http://www.trolltech.com/developer/changes/changes-3.2.2.html

QFont
        Load the correct font for characters that have the 'Unicode'
        script assigned to them (e.g. the em-dash).
        Fix exact match for raw mode fonts.
        Fix conversion from Unicode to GB2312 to make Chinese appear
        correctly again when using xlfd fonts.

http://www.trolltech.com/developer/changes/changes-3.3.0.html

Added support for Xft2 client side fonts on X servers without the
RENDER extension.

http://www.trolltech.com/developer/changes/changes-3.3.1.html
Fixed skipping of certain (bitmap) fonts for Xft2 when building up the
font database.

Peter