[Fontconfig] adding/distributing new fonts

Soon-Son Kwon ksoonson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 18:16:42 EST 2004

Hi all:
I am Korean user.
At http://freedesktop.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/xorg/xc/fonts/encodings/,
there are many fonts which seems to be distributed as default.

But as for Korean fonts, few fonts are distributed together hence
users should add & configure Korean fonts manually which takes much time
and discourages new users who do not have much experience with X before.

We already have some free/open Korean fonts and some people are working
on new fonts. If these Korean fonts can be added to the default distrubition,
then it will greatly benefit many people.

- Can anyone please let me know how to add Korean fonts to the default
xorg source distribution? Is there any approval process?
- What is the license requirement for that fonts?
- What should be the technical font format for this?

Any comments are welcomed.

Thanks very much.
--
http://kldp.org/~kss