[Fontconfig] Localizing font family and style names

Xie Qian xieqian02 at iscas.cn
Wed Dec 1 14:58:14 EST 2004

IMO, using the order in the font may not produce a desirable result. As the
order of different name will affect application's font listing manner rather than
actual font matching, why don't let applications decide which order is appropriate?
I mean add a function to set preferred listing order, with following options:
    FC_LIST_LATIN_FISRT(list Latin name first)
    FC_LIST_NATIVE_FISRT(list native name first)
    FC_LIST_LOCALE_FISRT(as user's locale setting)
    FC_LIST_ORIGINAL(as in the font file)
To achieve backward compatibility, just set  FC_LIST_LATIN_FISRT as default.

Xie Qian

Open System and Chinese Information Processing Center,
Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Sciences,
P.O. Box 8718, Beijing 100080, CHINA