[Fontconfig] gnome-terminal and font selection -- again

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Feb 17 06:55:56 EST 2004

Around 7 o'clock on Feb 6, "Brian J. Murrell" wrote:

> So what configuration changes can I make to get access to this
> specific font (such that it will be selectable in gnome-terminal) in
> preference to what is in normal circumstances "better" Fixed fonts?
>
> I have tried something like:
>
> <fontconfig>
>     <match target="pattern">
> 	<test qual="any" name="family">
> 	    <string>Fixed</string>
> 	</test>
> 	<edit name="family" mode="assign">
> 	    <string>Fixed:style=Regular:slant=0:weight=100:width=87:pixelsize=13:spacing=100:foundry=Misc</string>
> 	</edit>
>     </match>
> </fontconfig>

You're so close...

You need to assign each field separately; you can't use the string
syntax (although, that might not be a bad addition...)

might be what you want.  I don't know what the 'width' value of the font
you want to use is though; 87 is certainly wrong -- XLFD names use widths
in decipixels for some weird reason.

-keith