[Fontconfig] Patch to recognize PostScript weight "Demi"

John Stracke francis+keyword+fontconfig.296cb9 at thibault.org
Tue Feb 17 12:14:42 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 14:52, Keith Packard wrote:
> Around 11 o'clock on Feb 16, John Stracke wrote:
>
> > So I modified fcfreetype.c to recognize "Demi" as a synonym for "Demibold".
> > It's a one-liner; the patch is attached.
>
> Looks like someone got there before you -- 'demi' is already recognized in
> the code in CVS.

Oh, good.

> And here's an updated patch that also recognizes "Roman" weight as a
> > synonym for "Normal".  This comes up in the URW font Century Schoolbook
> > L Roman.
>
> Is it "normal" or "medium"?  By default, a name without a match in the
> table will be set to 'medium'.

Mmm, well, I can't read the mind of the person who created the font; but
my guess would be "normal".  One of its corresponding fonts is tagged as
Normal Italic.  Besides, when we're talking about slants, "Roman"
basically means "Normal"; I'd expect the same to hold true for weights.

--
|John Stracke        | http://www.thibault.org |HTML OK       |