[Fontconfig] expat -> libxml2 ?

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Wed May 5 07:56:51 EST 2004

On Tue, 04 May 2004 17:36:41 -0400, John Ellson wrote:
> Are there any plans or thoughts about migrating fontconfig from expat to
> libxml2?

I can't speak to fontconfig in general.

> At the moment, libsvg-cairo pulls in both expat and libxml2.  It seems a
> bit suboptimal.

But for libsvg, we have talked about moving to expat (or perhaps a
compile-time selection between the two libraries). libxml2 does have a
boatload of features, but it also has a binary size to match. And libsvg
probably isn't already using any feature that's not in expat.

But we'd also be interested in hearing any thoughts.

-Carl