[Fontconfig] Problem with bitmap fonts?

byakimovich at sympatico.ca byakimovich at sympatico.ca
Fri Apr 1 08:29:16 EST 2005

Hey All,

Does anyone know what this means?

FontFile /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/truetype/verdana.ttf/0 matches new
Face size 14.9894 matches new
Set face size to 14 (959)
Set face charmap to 1
XFT_DEBUG=1023
Set face size to 0x0 (16x48)
/usr/bin/Point2Play: line 30:  1891 Segmentation fault      ${APPPATH}/bin/gnowayout ${APPPATH}/gnowayout_ui.py "$@"

I set the env vars XFT_DEBUG=1023 and FC_DEBUG=2047 and run my app....it scrolls through tons of fonts on startup ( I have my FONTCONFIG_PATH set to /etc/fonts ) and then eventually segfaults.  Just above the printed lines, there are a few suspicious looking lines such as :

FcConfigSubstitute test font any family Equal "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono"
No match
Substitute match
edit
        Edit rgba Assign unknown;

then...

FcConfigSubstitute test font any lang Contains "ja" Comma "zh" Comma "ko
FcLangSet...
        Missing bitmap ja
        Missing string zh
        Missing bitmap ko
No match

Do I have bitmap fonts enabled and shouldn't? If so, where do I do this?  Or is this perfectly fine to have?

Regards,
Blair

P.S. - I'm using fontconfig 2.2.99 Xft 2.1.6 ( I've tried 2.1.7 ) and Freetype 2.1.8