[Fontconfig] Xft2 on topic? If so, what could cause XftDrawDepth hangs on a multiprocessor machine?

Stefaan A Eeckels Stefaan.Eeckels at ecc.lu
Fri Apr 1 20:32:05 EST 2005

Hi all,

Is it appropriate to ask a question concerning libXft2 here?
I looked at the mailing lists on freedesktop.org and couldn't
find anything suitable.

On my dual-processor Sun Firefox hangs in the XftDrawDepth
routine, as shown in the simplified dbx output below:

| Attached to process 6139 with 3 LWPs
| t at 1 (l at 1) stopped in _poll at 0xff29dbb4
| 0xff29dbb4: _poll+0x0004:       ta      %icc,%g0 + 8
| (dbx) where
| =>[1] _poll
| [2] _select
| [3] _ti_select
| [4] _XWaitForReadable
| [5] _XRead
| [6] _XReply
| [7] XGetGeometry
| [8] XftDrawDepth
| [9] XftGlyphFontSpecCore
| [10] XftDrawGlyphFontSpec
| [11] nsFontMetricsXft::DrawString

It happens frequently when firefox is not bound to a CPU,
and occasionally when bound, indicating a threading issue
of sorts. Other GTK2 programs on my machine do not exhibit
this behaviour.

Anybody seen this before?

Thanks!

--