[Fontconfig] Making fontconfig aware of the fonts in certain directories

Paul Smith phhs80 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 08:57:16 EST 2005

On Apr 3, 2005 11:46 PM, Ambrose Li <acli at ada.dhs.org> wrote:
> > Is it possible to make fontconfig aware of the fonts in the following
> > directories?
> >
> > /usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/public/cm-super/
> > /usr/share/texmf/fonts/afm/public/cm-super/
>
> just edit /etc/fonts/local.conf and add more directories. If you
> do not already have a local.conf file, the new file should look
> like this:
>
>         <?xml version="1.0"?>
>         <!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
>         <!-- ~/.fonts.conf for per-user font configuration -->
>         <fontconfig>
>                 <dir>some-directory</dir>
>                 <dir>another-directory</dir>
>                 <dir>more directories</dir>
>                 <dir>~/.fonts</dir>
>         </fontconfig>
>
> When I first did this, you need to also copy the directories
> that are in /etc/fonts/fonts.conf (or else those directories
> won't be considered). I don't know if this is still the case.

Thanks, Ambrose. My  /etc/fonts/local.conf file is:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
<!-- /etc/fonts/local.conf file for local customizations -->
<fontconfig>
<!--
  Enable sub-pixel rendering
	<match target="font">
		<test qual="all" name="rgba">
			<const>unknown</const>
		</test>
	</match>
-->
</fontconfig>

It does not look like yours. Is this normal?

Paul