[Fontconfig] Possible memory problem

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at cs.toronto.edu
Sun Dec 4 00:48:09 PST 2005

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005, Stephan Kulow wrote:

> The valgrind log is pretty much meaningless and just a warning.

Any reason that you think so?  I've very rarely seen valgrind
being wrong.

>  Do you get a crash with the pango example too?

No, but then again, I don't get a crash with most of problems
that I find using valgrind and fix.

> Or a valgrind hit with firefox?

valgrinding firefox takes just too long to try. :(

> I have no problems whatsoever with firefox and the fontconfig
> CVS. But then again I have a newer firefox version.

If I slightly change my configuration, to use different fonts, I
don't get any crashes.  That's basically how memory problems are.
If you don't get hit, doesn't mean it's not there.

> Greetings, Stephan

--behdad
http://behdad.org/

	-- Dan Bern, "New American Language"