[Fontconfig] Re: Strange behaviour of fc-match of fontconfig current cvs (2.3.93).

Mike FABIAN mfabian at suse.de
Tue Dec 27 08:42:06 PST 2005

Zhe Su <james.su at gmail.com> さんは書きました:

> Hi,
>   After upgrading to fontconfig 2.3.93, the behaviour of  fc-match
> becomes very strange. First, fonts can't be matched by their localized
> names anymore. It's ok when using fontconfig 2.3.91 or earlier.
> Second, fc-match gives a different default font than the one I set in
> config file.
>   I think these issues may be caused by the updating of fcmatch.c
> between 2.3.91 and 2.3.93. Do you have any idea about it?
>
>   I tested it on SUSE Linux 10.0 with latest fontconfig installed. I
> have four Simplified Chinese fonts installed:
>
> FZHeiTi,方正黑体:style=Regular
> FZFangSong,方正仿宋:style=Regular
> FZKaiTi,方正楷体:style=Regular
> FZSongTi,方正宋体:style=Regular
>
>   Run fc-match without any parameter will return:
> FZFangSong.ttf: "FZFangSong" "Regular"
>
>   However, it should return FZSongTi according to my config file.
>
>   And I can only match these fonts with their latin name, like:
>
> $ fc-match FZSongTi
> FZSongTi.ttf: "FZSongTi" "Regular"
>
>   Matching with localized name will give wrong result:
>
> $ fc-match 方正宋体
> FZFangSong.ttf: "FZFangSong" "Regular"

I cannot reproduce this with the fontconfig-2.3.93.20051222 (CVS
checkout of fontconfig 2.4 branch from December 22th 2005) packages I
built for SuSE 10.0 (at ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/m17n/10.0):

mfabian at magellan:~$ LANG=zh_CN.UTF-8 fc-match
FZSongTi.ttf: "FZSongTi" "Regular"
mfabian at magellan:~$ LC_ALL=zh_CN.UTF-8 fc-match
FZSongTi.ttf: "FZSongTi" "Regular"
mfabian at magellan:~$ LC_ALL=zh_CN.UTF-8 fc-match FZSongTi
FZSongTi.ttf: "FZSongTi" "Regular"
mfabian at magellan:~$ LC_ALL=zh_CN.UTF-8 fc-match 方正宋体
FZSongTi.ttf: "方正宋体" "Regular"
mfabian at magellan:~$ rpm -q fontconfig
fontconfig-2.3.93.20051222-0.1
mfabian at magellan:~$

--
Mike FABIAN   <mfabian at suse.de>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian