[Fontconfig] Font configuration - Debian Sarge.

Ambrose Li acli at ada.dhs.org
Sun Feb 13 13:56:37 EST 2005

I share the same feelings.  It took me *days* to figure out
how to configure fontconfig when I was forced to switch over.
Before I figured out that things could be tweaked (and how to
tweak them), I was actually complaining that fonts had become
much uglier than before.

Of course, now I'm ok with fontconfig... :-)

But on a Debian system there is the extra variable of defoma
too: good for prepackaged fonts, but a real hassle for self-
installed fonts.